Label: Not On Label - RBRP015 • Format: CD Album • Country: UK • Genre: Folk, World, & Country • Style: Folk
· Na-Mara Navajos and Pirates. Band: Na Mara Album: Navajos & Pirates La Fille De Parmi Ces Bois changing into The Girl Who Lived In The Woods and A Bordeaux Il Vient D’Arriver becoming The Three Bonny Ships. To me, the trick of a good translation is not to go for a literal one but one that works as a song in the new language and keeps to.
· The Navajo Puberty Ceremony celebrating maturity of girls among the Navajo is held generally on the fourth night after the first evidence of the maiden’s entrance into womanhood. On the first morning following the moment of this change in life the girl bathes and dresses in her finest clothes.
Navajo Legends - For the Navajos, each song is a prayer to the Holy People -or supernatural beings- who take care of songs are sung in ceremonies to cure the sick or to protect their families, homes, crops or herds.
· Photograph by Edward S. Curtis, , shows three Natives – Tonenili, Tobadzischini, and Nayenezgani – in ceremonial dress. A photograph of Navajo medicine men overseeing a sweat during a Yeibichai ceremony, published in Volume I of The North American Indian () by Edward S. Curtis. Navajo Girl, c. , Edward S. Curtis ted Reading Time: 5 mins.
· 50 Years Ago: An outsider looks at the way the Navajo people lived in A half century ago, a reporter for the Associated Press spent more than two weeks on the Navajo .
- Aria Allegro Ma Non Presto - William Corbett, European Community Baroque Orchestra, Roy Goodman, And